Who? We are: Kyle (Husband, Dad, Entrepreneur , Blogger, Hiker, Runner), Lisa (Mom, Chef, Homeschool teacher, Blogger) and Kylee (Daughter and our motivation for life)
What? We have decided to sell everything we own except what we can fit in a small storage unit and our 43′ Fifth Wheel (A 2012 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta a.k.a our “house truck” as Kylee has called it) to live, work, travel, and homeschool on the road…FULL TIME!
When? We hit the road officially as full time RVers on 9/28/2011. We have rented out our house and do not intend to live in it again. When we get tired of renting it, we will sell it.
Where? Everywhere! We plan to cover, at a leisurely pace, every facet of this great nation as well as Canada and maybe Mexico. We will stay in RV parks, campgrounds, state and national parks, BLMs, and anywhere else we feel like it and are welcome. Heck, we may even come stay in your driveway if you’ll let us!
How? No, we are not independently wealthy! I will continue to work my current business from the road (Medicare Supplement Brokers) that I have operated since 2001 as well as pursue new business ventures when the opportunities present themselves on the road…as they inevitably will!
Why? This one requires a little more explanation which I will provide along the way as I blog about our travels. Hopefully, if you follow along with us it will become evident why we do what we do! But, here are a few of our reasons:
- To challenge ourselves to live more simply by possessing less stuff and placing more value in people.
- To re-define what it means to live the “American Dream” (more on this one later).
- To meet people and develop some eternal friendships.
- To enjoy each other as a family.
- To connect with our creator through his beautiful creations.
- To give our daughter, Kylee, a broader “roadschooling” education filled with experiential learning.
- To volunteer our time to others.
- To ENJOY LIFE!
- To allow this list to grow…