Who? We are: Kyle age 38 (Dad, business owner, and author of this blog), Lisa age 34 (Mom, homeschool teacher) and Kylee age 3 (The apple of my eye)
What? We have decided to sell everything we own except what we can fit in a small storage unit and our 36′ Motorhome (A 2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34sbd a.k.a our “house truck” as Kylee has called it) to live, work, travel, and homeschool on the road…FULL TIME!
When? We are currently in the process of getting rid of stuff and will put the house on the market in May. When it sells, we are officially “full-timing”. Until it sells we will be in our planning and research phase.
Where? Everywhere! We plan to cover, at a leisurely pace, every facet of this great nation as well as Canada and maybe Mexico. We will stay in RV parks, campgrounds, state and national parks, BLMs, and anywhere else we feel like it and are welcome. Heck, we may even come stay in your driveway if you’ll let us!
How? No, we are not independently wealthy! I will continue to work my current business (Medicare Supplement Brokers) from the road.
Why? This one requires a little more explanation which I will provide as we approach launch day. Hopefully, if you follow along with us it will become evident why we do what we do! But, here are a few of our reasons:
- To challenge ourselves to live more simply by possessing less stuff and placing more value in people.
- To re-define what it means to live the “American Dream” (more on this one later).
- To meet people and develop some eternal friendships.
- To enjoy each other as a family.
- To connect with our creator through his beautiful creations.
- To give our daughter, Kylee, a broader “roadschooling” education filled with experiential learning.
- To volunteer our time to others.
- To ENJOY LIFE!
- To allow this list to grow…